Monday, January 4, 2010

Triple Towel Bar How Do You Quantify Osmosis?

How do you quantify osmosis? - triple towel bar

I have a lab.

We may on dialysis tubes, a triple beam balance, 250 ml cups, napkins, string, clipping, 0%, 20%, 30% and 40% solutions of sucrose, a marker and concentration of solution unknown.

Our goal is to determine the concentration of sucrose in a solution through the use of osmosis and the creation of an experiment to test the solution.

What experience do I need to test this issue?

1 comments:

guitarlo... said...

Haha, I just did a lab like today. We were at the beginning and end of the mass, after taking pipes sit in the solution. Then calculated by doing (the end of the inital mass) / final mass x 100 they gave us a percentage.

I'm not sure how accurate estimate of quatity osmosis, but that's what we have done so far in my class. I hope you bring in the right direction!

Post a Comment